Saturday, January 9, 2010

"Rape Vans" (Dajiban) are the HOT SHIZ in Japan

Saw this on another board. People have been asking what this is in the "2010 trends" thread, so I thought I'd make an appearance thread about it. I suppose it's like any other wacky JDM style (i.e. shakotan, yanky, vanning-zoku, Dekotora, etc), but I think this one is tits.
I first stumbled across this back in July on the Japanese RS Watanabe website in the "owner car" section.
It's been referred to as "Youga Base" style, "Hentai Vans", and a few other things, but apparently they just refer to their cars as "Dajjibans", or Dodge Vans. The Katakana to search for is "ƒ_ƒbƒWƒoƒ“".
If anyone finds any new blogs, sites, or images related to the Dajjiban thing, post them in here. I want moar.

The Basics:
-Dodge Vans (I've yet to see anything else, but maybe they don't get other American vans over there)
-Lowering
-Deep dish low-offset wheels (often 6-lug RS Wats, but I've seen Diamonds and others)
-White lettered tires
-minimalist interiors (CF, racing wheels, not typical van stuff, lots of period American stickers, very eclectic)
-V8 performance mods
They appear to be actually tracking these vans, which is absurd, but ****ing rad.
Here's the "Youga Base" blog site:
http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/r_q_collectibles

Some of the images I've found (I've saved tons):






Trackday at Ebisu Circuit. Obviously didn't work out so well for everyone, lol.





Is this normal engine placement? Really this far back? I guess the hoods are so short..

Interiors




Suspension shots: (I wonder if it's the same "swift" that makes bike shocks)


The ubiquitous Youga Base tag:


I want this shirt so bad:

Again, people are probably going to hate this to death, but I thought it was something new. So JDM it's USDM, lol.
More pics:


Funny perv references/Engrish:


Olive drab makes it look like a transport vehicle from "08th MS Team" or something.


I have to look and see if the USDM vans have these same tails. Looks different for some reason.


Guy built a model of his van:


thanks to Space, via the Eurowerks.org enthusiast forums...

No comments:

Post a Comment